“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
Every year, I endeavor to explore a new facet in my lifelong study of asking better questions. More than just inquiry, I find the ability to ask deep, insightful, and meaningful questions of both the trivial and complex to be an important exercise in my own humanity. Here are a few questions I’m digging into in 2018 and beyond:
- Why are so few women and people of color getting access to venture capital?
- Why isn’t capital solving more problems for more people?
- Is MSP a more challenging place to start a business for marginalized communities than other markets?
- What companies in MSP are demonstrating diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) as a cultural norm rather than a market campaign?
- Why are the metrics around DEI in the private sector so narrow in scope? What else can we measure DEI?
Stay tuned as I test my hypotheses to these questions and uncover the innovators and change makers that are redefining entrepreneurship and venture capital in MSP and beyond.